After all this time, maybe you have gone bored with your iPhone, or perhaps you just want a change. So, now you are thinking about giving away your iPhone to buy a new one. Are you planning to sell this iPhone of yours to buy the latest one?
Well, when it comes to smartphones, you know, you can’t just shut them down and give it to another person. We all know that these smartphones do have some personal data and information that is supposed to be private. This information can also be misused and can be a threat to you if it gets into the wrong hands.
To save yourself from all these risks, you can erase and delete your data from your iPhone. Therefore, before selling your iPhone or giving it to someone else to use, make sure to delete all your data so that your valuable information will be safe with you.
People Also Read: The Best Ever Solution to Speed Up, Clean Up, and Revive Your iPhone
To learn how you can erase your iPhone’s data, follow along with this article. Here, I will show you the simple and easy steps that you can take to delete your data so that no one else can access it.
Backup your iPhone data to Keep it safe
Before erasing your iPhone’s data, make sure that you take a backup of your device so that your data is safe with you. You can keep the backup either on Apple’s server using iCloud or on your computer using iTunes or both.
Use I cloud to Backup your Data
We know that Apple’s server, iCloud, take automatic backups of your iPhone daily. But, if you want to erase iPhone data permanently, you are advised to take a backup one last time to keep your latest data safe. To take backup using iCloud, make sure to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network. Now, follow these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to iCloud.
- Now, go to Storage & Backup.
- Tap on ‘Back Up Now.’
You have now successfully created the backup of your iPhone. This process may take a few to several minutes, depending on the last backup to the iCloud.
Use iTunes to Backup your Data
You can also take a backup of your
iPhone on a local machine using iTunes by following these
- Connect your iPhone to the computer that you usually sync with.
- Open iTunes.
- Now, select iPhone under Devices on the left side.
- Right-click on the device and click on ‘Back Up.’
This process has to be done manually, unlike iCloud. Keep in mind that if you have purchased items on your iPhone, you have to transfer them to your computer before taking a backup. To do this, simply right click on the phone and click on ‘Transfer Purchases.
Quick and Easy steps to Erase iPhone data
After taking the backup of your device, you are now ready to erase the data of your iPhone. To erase the iPhone’s data, you can follow either of these two methods.
- Erase iPhone data and settings through the Settings app.
- Erase iPhone data through Panfone iOS Data Eraser.
Method 1: Erase iPhone data and settings through settings application
Follow these easy steps to delete the data from your iPhone using the settings application.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on General.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Now, tap on ‘Erase all Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase iPhone and then tap on Erase iPhone again to confirm.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the passcode.
- After you enter the passcode, it will ask you if you want to delete data and settings from your iPhone.
- Tap on the ‘Erase’ button.
You will notice that this process may take a few minutes to several hours. This time depends on the amount of data on your iPhone and also the iOS version of your iPhone. During the erasing process, your iPhone will display an Apple logo and a progress bar. So, you can easily monitor the deletion process.
People Also Read: How to Record Skype calls on your iPhone or iPad
Hurray! You have deleted all the data and settings of your iPhone. It’s now brand new as if it just came out of the box.
Method 2: Erase iPhone data through Panfone iOS Data Eraser
Another Method to erase iPhone data is by using Panfone iOS Data Eraser. This tool is mainly for iOS devices, and its purpose is to erase and delete all the files permanently from a device. This tool is the most efficient because there are zero chances of data recovery after using it. Also, the Panfone iOS Data Eraser is extremely powerful and easy to use.
To erase your iPhone’s data with the help of this tool, move along with the following steps.
- Download the Panfone iOS Data Eraser to your computer from Panfone official website.
- Run and install the downloaded file.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Read tips before erasing the data and choose a security level. (The default level is the Medium Level, but there are also two more options; the Low Level and the High Level).
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion process.
- Type delete in the space provided as instructed.
- Now, click on ‘Erase Now.’ The data deletion process will start.
This process will take some time to complete. The data on your iPhone will be deleted safely with this Panfone iOS Data Eraser. You can also monitor this deletion process. All you have to do is sit back and let the data eraser do its work.
Congratulations, now with all the data erased, your iPhone is as new as it gets.
Unregister your iPhone from Apple’s website
If you want to resell your iPhone, then you might also want to unregister it from Apple’s site. By doing this, it will no longer be connected to your Apple ID. To do so, follow these instructions.
- Go to Apple support.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on ‘Edit products’.
- Click on ‘x’ on the right of the product.
- Now, click ‘Unregister,’ and you are done.
Now you know how easy it is to erase your iPhone’s data before you sell it. Following these methods will ensure that your data is deleted from your iPhone and is safe. All you need to do now is remove your SIM and sell your iPhone to the highest bidder.
I hope this article helped in providing better guidance about erasing your iPhone’s data. But, if you still have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below.