Of course, creating and saving a PDF from a webpage is fairly simple. But, what makes this feature great is that most people don’t even know it’s possible. Luckily, I got you covered. All you need to do is follow my instructions to the tee, and you will know everything about creating, saving, and sharing a PDF from a webpage.
As you know, Apple’s Safari browser has come up with an update. It has introduced a new feature by letting you create a PDF from Webpage on iPhone and iPad in iOS 11. This will help you to be more productive by keeping webpages offline to read and understand. The best part is that it is highly easy to do.
In this article, I will give you a quick and easy guide to create a PDF from the webpage and save it using iOS11. Not only this, but I am also going to show you the method to share this PDF as well as rename it. You can also annotate it using the markup tool, and if you don’t need this saved PDF anymore, you can just delete it.
|Table Of Content|
|How to Create and Save a PDF from Webpage|
|How to Share the saved PDF from Webpage|
|How to Rename the saved PDF from Webpage|
|How to Markup PDF from Webpage|
|How to Delete the saved PDF from Webpage|
So, without further ado, let’s start.
How to Create and Save a PDF from Webpage
To create a PDF from the webpage on the iPhone and iPad in iOS 11, you have to use the Safari browser. Now, follow these easy steps to create and save a webpage in PDF format.
- Open the webpage that you want to download in the Safari browser.
- Tap the Share Button. (This will open a Share Sheet).
- Look at the bottom row and swipe it to the left until the end of the sheet.
- You will see the option “Create PDF”. Tap this option.
- As soon as you tap it, the webpage will convert into a PDF.
- A new panel will open, and it will contain your webpage as a PDF. (You can also see the number of pages in the top left corner of the panel).
- At the top left, tap on “Done”.
- Now, an options tab will open. Tap on “Save File To…”
- This will open all the places where you can save your files. Now, choose where you want to save this PDF. (You can select a folder or save the file on the iCloud drive).
- After choosing the destination, Tap on “Add” on the top right corner. This will save your PDF to the designated place, and you will be returned to the original webpage.
Something special here for you!
Hurray! You’ve just created a PDF from a webpage on iOS 11.
It is now saved at the specified location. You can now open it to read it, or you can share it with other people.
How to Share the saved PDF from Webpage
To share this saved webpage PDF with others, follow these steps,
- Tap on the Share button on the top right corner while viewing the PDF.
- You will now see different options based on the apps that you have installed for sharing content. For example, you can attach this PDF in the email or use Dropbox to share it.
- You can also use the “Save to Files” extension. This is the easiest and best way to save the PDF on your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11. This feature will let you save the webpage PDF to any folder in the Files app. So, you can directly save it to iCloud or Dropbox.
How to Rename the saved PDF from Webpage
To rename the saved PDF on your iPhone on iPad in iOS 11 you just have to follow the following steps,
- Go to the Files app.
- Then select the ”Browse” tab at the bottom.
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the PDF file and tap it.
- Now, press on the file icon. You will see different options to choose from. Tap on “Rename”.
- Enter the name that you want to name the file and tap “Done” in the top right corner.
How to Markup PDF from Webpage
If you want to mark up the PDF and write something important on it, just follow these simple steps.
- Tap on the Markup Button on the top right corner while viewing the PDF. (it is right next to the Share Button with a marker icon).
- Once you click on it, you will get an iPhone and iPad iOS 11’s Markup feature.
- You can now use this pen to write text or doodle anywhere on the PDF.
- Tap on “Done” on the upper left corner once you are done adding text. This will take you back to the Preview screen.
- Now you can save this PDF or share it with other people.
How to Delete the saved PDF from Webpage
If you don’t need the saved PDF anymore and want to delete it, follow the following steps.
- Go to the folder where you have previously saved the PDF file.
- Tap “Select” on the top right corner.
- Tap on the file. A blue checkmark will appear on the file.
- Now, tap on the trash can icon on the bottom right.
- The file is now moved to the “Recently Deleted” folder. You can also recover it from there if you want.
I’m sure this article helped you immensely in discovering this new and useful feature in iOS 11. So, now you can not only create a PDF from a webpage on the iPhone and iPad in iOS 11 but can also share it. Besides this, you can manage these PDFs and keep them as long as you like.