It goes without saying how important cell phone accessories are.
With evolving features and capabilities that match the functionalities of a personal computer, smartphones have become an inseparable part of our lives.
From work to entertainment, smartphones have become our go-to device for anything we need. As a result, the market is now filled with several cell phone accessories to make smartphones more functional and usable for users.
Here, we will take a look at some of the best cell phone accessories that can make your life easier with a smartphone.
1. Screen Protector
Smartphones come with massive screens and are prone to fingerprints and scratches from any movement you make. Therefore, it’s imperative for you to take care of your smartphone.
And this is what makes a screen protector one of the most imperative cell phone accessories.
A screen protector can be easily glued to your smartphone screen to keep it safe from scratches caused due to daily usage.
- Keeps smartphone screen safe from scratches caused due to contact with the keys in the pocket, long nails, cracks caused due to abrupt fall and fine dust or dirt.
- It also enhances the responsiveness of the screen.
- The screen protector also filters out the blue light coming out of the smartphone screen that could cause irritation to the eyes.
- Saves screen from moisture and water.
- Available at affordable prices.
- Last for around 6 months to a year; depending on your usage.
- Alters the look and feel of your phone.
Depending on the type of device you own, you can get a good quality smartphone screen protector for $19.95 to $39.95.
2. Smartphone Case
Smartphone cases not just keep your smartphone safe from falls and bodily scratches, they have also become a cool way to personalize your cell phone. So, you can avoid chipping the edge of your smartphone and make a statement with a single smartphone case.
- Keeps the smartphone body and screen safe from fall against the floor and collision with external objects. For instance, this smartphone case acts as a smartphone airbag in case it falls accidentally.
- Apart from plastic, smartphone cases today come in several other materials including leather, fabric, luxury metal, and reinforced glass to look more unique and premium.
- It can give you a much-needed grip for a slippery smartphone body of an iPhone for instance.
- You can customize smartphone cases with the choice of your color, embed your favorite picture or signature on it.
- Keeps the major part of the smartphone body safe from scratches, dust, moisture, and water.
- A plethora of options available in the market at affordable prices.
- Smartphone cases can make the device bulkier and heavier. Definitely not easy to carry in a pocket.
- It can make access to the volume rocker and power button a tad cumbersome.
Good quality smartphone cases start from $25 and could go north of hundreds of dollars depending upon your choice.
If we leave aside some premium smartphones, earphones that come bundled with smartphones are barely functional.
They are good to have a call but if you are an audiophile who loves to enjoy every beat in the music then you need to invest in a pair of good quality headphones.
- Noise cancellation feature can keep you isolated from outdoor sounds and help you concentrate on your call or music.
- A good quality headphone offers clean sound with deep bass and crisp highs. Ideal to have long calls in the office.
- Perfect fit and lightweight design make them ideal to use for long hours.
- You can also invest in a good quality wireless pair of earphones to eliminate the hassle entangled wires forever.
- A capable pair of earphones also comes equipped with a high-quality mic setup to help you talk efficiently in noisy environments.
- A good pair will set you back by a few hundred dollars.
- Capable wireless earphones are still very expensive.
You need to shell out at least $100 to buy a good pair of entry-level earphones.
4. Power Bank
A power bank is, without any doubt, one of the most essential cell phone accessories right now.
Large display, high processing power, powerful camera, constantly running GPS and location services drain out smartphone battery pretty fast. That means, that smartphones with the most capable batteries in the market can barely last for 24 hours. Keeping the smartphone charged has become a constant challenge for users. A power bank can solve this problem.
- Power banks come loaded with large batteries of 1,000 mAh or more. It means that a powerbank can charge an average smartphone with a battery capacity of over 2,500 mAh more than twice.
- Being a portable device, you can carry it along with your smartphone and charge the device on the go.
- Power banks come with multiple charging points. That means you can charge more than one device at a time.
- Smart charging feature optimizes the output as per the battery level of your smartphone and also cuts down charging once the device is completely charged.
- It comes with a universal charging port to enable users to charge any device including Android or iOS.
- It takes 12 to 15 hours to fully charge a powerbank.
- The large battery pack makes it heavy to carry in a pocket. That’s why, with so many impressive wireless chargers in the market, some people prefer wireless chargers over the power bank.
The range of good quality power banks starts from $35.
5. Car Charger
Yes, you can charge your smartphone with the USB port present in all modern-day cars. But it charges pretty slow and you would gain only 10 to 15 percent of battery charge in a 30 minutes drive.
That’s why car chargers are still relevant if you spend a significant part of your life in the car. And for this reason alone, car chargers are touted as one of the most popular cell phone accessories.
- Unlike power banks where you need to keep it charged, car chargers provide instant power to your smartphone at any point in time.
- It charges the smartphone faster than the USB.
- You can simultaneously charge your smartphone while using battery-draining apps including Google Maps or streaming music during long drives.
- You will never lose connection due to a low battery in the event of any emergency on a lonely highway.
- Reduces the anxiety of stepping out of the home with a discharged battery as you can easily charge it in your car.
- Car chargers come with multiple ports to charge more than one device at the same time.
- It affects the car battery if you charge multiple devices, especially if your car is old.
- Faster charging may deteriorate the battery life of your smartphone.
You can buy a good car charger starting from $10.
6. Car Mount
Modern cars come equipped with a large embedded screen that supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto in which you can mirror navigation and other essential smartphone functions including music and phone controls. But if you are still stuck with a car without an infotainment screen then the car mount is a boon.
- You can easily fix the car mount on the dashboard, windshield or air vent of your car depending on its design.
- Smartphone fixed at the eye level of your eyes will prevent you from taking eyes off the road and reduce the chances of a fatal accident.
- You can mount the phone of any make or size by adjusting its clamp.
- Make it easier to use navigation, take calls and play music while driving.
- Prevents your smartphone from falling in the event of abrupt braking or bumps.
- Always stays in front of the eyes to enable the driver to never miss any important notification.
- While it makes your smartphone more functional, it also acts as a major distraction due to constant WhatsApp, email and text message updates.
- Some local authorities have banned windshield mounts for security purposes.
You can buy a decent car mount starting from $10.
7. Selfie Stick
Ever since Ellen DeGeneres posted the most famous selfie to date from Oscars 2014, selfies have become a rage among smartphone users. Users are documenting every happy moment with their loved ones on social media through selfies. A selfie stick can make the job decidedly easier.
- Through selfie stick, you can take pictures with a larger group of people without compromising your proximity with the group.
- Helps you make highly stable videos by using a selfie stick while moving in the car, walking or even running.
- It is a must-have accessory for bloggers who want to make stable and more immersive selfie videos.
- It provides greater image stabilization and clarity.
- You can get more of your surroundings than just your face.
- You can connect your phone wirelessly through a Bluetooth selfie stick.
- It is not portable and you would need a bag to carry it everywhere.
- A good quality selfie stick could way north of 500 grams. A lot of weight to carry everywhere.
A good selfie stick with Bluetooth feature would cost around $15.
So, there you have it!
The accessories mentioned above are some of the most used and essential cell phone accessories currently.
There are hundreds of cell phone accessories available in the market but the buck stops at your specific requirements. Here we have shared a list of the most preferred and highly functional accessories that the majority of smartphone users need.
For instance, a portable charger is something that everyone needs to keep their smartphone charged and a selfie stick suits the requirement of a selfie buff.
Think critically about the accessory that could make your daily life easier to make the right decision.
Which one of these cell phone accessories are you planning to buy? Let us know in the comment section below!